11 Aug Walt Disney World Open
All 4 Walt Disney World theme parks and Disney Springs are now open! In addition, select Walt Disney World Resort hotels, including Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, are open to guests. Upon their reopening, all parks, hotels, restaurants and attractions have taken enhanced health and safety measures.
Read on for more details on Walt Disney World’s new Health & Safety Measures
Cleaning procedures are enhanced throughout Walt Disney World parks, hotels, restaurants and attractions. Staff is giving extra attention to high-traffic areas, including public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms and transportation.
In addition, housekeeping services have been modified at Disney Resort hotels to include enhanced cleaning and reduced contact.
Temporary adjustments are in place to promote physical distancing at all parks, hotels, restaurants and attractions on Disney property.
Physical distancing measures may include:
- Signage and Ground Markings: Please follow directional signage and ground markings, which have been installed throughout Walt Disney World Resort to help Guests better navigate common areas while practicing physical distancing.
- Physical Barriers: Physical barriers have been added in select places where it is difficult to maintain strict physical distancing guidelines. These may be visible in areas around cash registers or at Guest Relations, for example, to help promote proper distances between people.
- Parking: Cashless payment is recommended at the auto plazas. Cars will be directed to park in every other parking space at the theme parks.
- Training: Cast Members are trained to engage with Guests and promote physical distancing guidelines in common areas and queues.
Experiences at all parks, hotels, restaurants and attractions on Disney property may be modified in order to reduce contact.
- Cashless Transactions: At this time, it is recommended all guests use cashless payment options, including debit cards, credit cards and Disney Gift Cards. Guests can also opt for contactless payment options—such as mobile wallets—or use cash to purchase a Disney Gift Card at Guest Relations and select merchandise locations. Disney Resort hotel Guests can also use MagicBands to charge their purchase to their Disney Resort hotel folio.
- Modified Housekeeping: Housekeeping services have been modified at Disney Resort hotels to include enhanced cleaning and reduced contact.
More Things you Should Know as You Prepare to Visit Walt Disney World Parks & Resort
Park attendance is managed via the Disney Park Pass reservation system—now available to Guests with valid admission. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date are required for Guests ages 3 and up.
Booking Your Park Reservations
The Disney Park Pass system is now open to Guests with valid admission. The number of theme park reservation days you can hold at one time varies based on your plans:
- Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests can make park reservations for dates during their stay for the number of days that they have valid theme park admission.
- Annual Passholders can make theme park reservations for up to 3 days at a time, and for their length of stay if staying at a Disney Resort or other select hotel.
- Existing ticket holders can make reservations for the number of days of valid theme park admission.
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming. You may remove your face covering while actively eating or drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing.
All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
Costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.
The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.
Temperature screenings are required for entry to some locations.
You will be required to undergo a temperature screening with no-touch thermometers before entry to some locations at Walt Disney World Resort, including the Walt Disney World theme parks, the Disney Springs area and table-service restaurants at Disney Resort hotels.
Based on guidance from health authorities, anyone displaying a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be directed to an additional location for rescreening and assistance. Those with temperatures 100.4 F or above will not be allowed entry; those in their party will not be allowed entry either.
Before you leave home, be sure to check the temperatures of everyone in your party—including yourself—as an extra layer of precaution.
Have more questions about booking a Disney World Resort vacation right now? Call us today to speak to one of our Disney specialists. You can reach us at 402-390-9291 or get started here.